Invitation to join us for an important dialogue and launch event organised by Saksham and supported by Amway India on December 4 at 4 PM
Technology solutions are game changer in education, livelihood and day-to-day activities for persons with blindness or low vision. The start-up eco-system and very well targeted programs at engineering education institutions, we have many path breaking, affordable solutions available that are compatible
with Indian languages. However, these solutions have yet not reached majority of the population who need them the most. Development, distribution, training and support are essential for successfully addressing this challenge. Coordination and cooperation among various stake holders is extremely important.
Saksham has been working since 2003 in this space. In yet another step towards our mission, we are organizing a webinar to facilitate a dialogue among important stakeholders in the space of inclusive technology. We are extremely thankful to key mentors and guiding lights to be part of this dialogue who represent important stake holder groups. These include:
• Chief guest padma Shri Prof Y.S. Rajan: He is a celebrated
scientist and is playing facilitating innovation in assistive
technology solutions for persons with disabilities as Chair PA&MC Technology Innovation for Disabled and Elderly, Department of Science and Technology, Government of India
• Guest of Honour Dr Pramod Seth, Jt. Secretary department of Empowerment of Persons With Disabilities which has extremely important role in development and distribution of assistive technology solutions to persons with disabilities.
• Guest of honour Mr. Saikat Ghosh, Sr. Vice President,
Digital and Global Solutions India, Amway Enterprise. He brings
in he perspective of the Industry and private enterprise with
very strong CSR program and inclusion.
• Keynote speaker Mr. Chapal Khasnabis, Head (a.i.), Accessto Assistive Technology and Medical Devices Unit, World Health Organisation (WHO). He brings in the role of health and rehabilitation services delivery infrastructure in the eco-system of providing AT solutions to persons with disabilities.
• Keynote Speaker prof Madhusudan Rao, Mehra Chair Professor, Head, Department of Design, IIT Delhi bringing in the perspective of technology institution that has a dedicated lab to development of assistive technology solutions for persons with blindness or low vision.
• Keynote Speaker Dr Bhushan Punani, President: ICEVI West Asia bringing in the perspective of rehabilitation professionals, civil society and service providers.
In December Last year, Saksham launched saktek.in online not for profit store for assistive and inclusive technology solutions. This platform proved to be most timely intervention especially during the Covid19 related lockdowns, travel restrictions and social distancing. We are excited to announce the launch of the Saksham app for android and IOS smartphones during this event and will get a chance to look at what this app has to offer in filling the gap in the assistive technology eco-system. The application offers the whole solution of information, training, and assistive technology in a very easy to use interface specially designed for persons with visual disabilities and their supporters. The platform and app will be a repository of affordable assistive technology solutions
compatible with local languages. The app is developed with support from Amway India Enterprises.
This 90 minute online event will take place on December 4, 2020 at 4 PM. You are invited to join this very timely dialogue among key stake holders. To receive the link and reminder via whatsapp and/or e-mail to join the event, you are requested to register for the event at:https://forms.gle/ChBxmTXcJo4iaGqg9
You could also join the event directly by clicking on the below link at least 5 minutes before PM on December 4. The event will be streamed on YouTube. Please join using the link below: https://youtu.be/jzrCCRRFzT4
We also request you to share the above link with as many persons as possible who could benefit by being part of this important dialogue about Assistive and inclusive technology eco-system and our way of celebrating international day of persons with disabilities.
Our special gratitude to Amway India for partnering with us in our endeavors to support the cause of the visually impaired in our country.
Looking forward to your participation in the event.
Director Developing Countries Program DAISY Consortium
Founder Trustee - Saksham