Current Style: Standard

Current Size: 100%

Government of orissa scholarship

Mon, 07/23/2012 - 11:08 -- admin

scholarships : the government of orissa scholarship

The Government of Orissa scholarship



• A bonafide resident of Orissa.

• Regular student of recognised institute, including public and convent schools.

• Physically handicapped viz. Visually Handicapped, Hearing Handicapped and Orthopaedically Handicapped.

• The monthly income of family should not exceed Rupees1500/-.

• The applicant is not residing in any institution.

• For continuation of scholarship, the applicant must complete the course successfully with good conduct.


Amount of scholarship:

Level of Education 

Rate (per month)  

Inside the state     

Primary (Standard I to V)  

Rupees 1001-  

Middle and High School (Std. VI to X) (Not covered by the Govt. of India Scholarship)  

Rupees 140  

College (P.G.) (Not covered by the Govt. of India Scholarship)  

Rupees 160  

College (P.G.) (Not covered by the Govt. of India Scholarship)  

Rupees 190  

Technical and Vocational Training (Not covered by the Govt. of India Scholarship)  

Rupees 190  

Outside the State     

Students pursuing normal course of studies and Vocational Training not available in the state and not covered under the Govt. of India Scholarship.


Rupees 190

Reader's allowance for VH (visually handicapped)

The Visually Handicapped candidates shall be paid reader's allowance at the rate of Rupees 30/-per month for primary classes, Rupees 40/- per month for middle and high school classes and Rupees 60/- per month for other studies.

Transport allowance to LH (locomotor / orthopaedically handicapped)

Orthopaedically Handicapped students who have abnormal defects requiring arrangement for transport, an additional monthly allowance of Rupees 50/- per month may be sanctioned for transport, if it is not covered by the scheme of Integrated Education.


More information:


• Candidate needs to submit Disability certificate, issued by competent authority, (District Medical Board)

• Candidate needs to submit Family Income Certificate, issued by competent authority, (Tahasildar)

• Candidate needs to submit Certificate from Head of Institute

• The applicant must apply, in the prescribed form, along with attested xerox copies of required documents, to the District Social Welfare Officer/ B.D.O. in due time.


contact details:

Block Development Officer/District Social Welfare Officer

Government of Orissa

Facebook comments